Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rodarte Shoes

In an attempt to keep my mind busy, I'm doing a few entries and besides I have many thing waiting to be posted.

I was checking a design site and I found great pictures from the shoes Rodarte presented on their Fall 2010 show. The Mulleavy sisters has been doing an amazing job, given to fashion something to speak about. They always have some bizarre materials and a great conceptual base to start their collections, it's always great to see what they're gonna show and inspired their work. They do they way I like it, fully conceptual but worked in an incredible way, not too literal like some others do.

Shoes are being a great and important piece in every fashion show from the last season, designers are putting much more effort on them and that's because luxury accesories are on the top of their sales. For this season, they presented in New York quite unique shoes with great materials, great heels and of course like nothing we have seen before (like the thigh high boots that I love). Illuminated shoes! The light up heel has the appearance of dripping wax, inside of them they have led lights that makes them glow. The front part of the shoe gives the impression of a collage, thanks to the material and texture mix.

A great design from a great duo of designers. Always in the vanguard. They are giving fashion great creations to look at, to wow about. I'll be making an entry soon with my favorite collection from them, from which I felt in love long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment