Friday, May 14, 2010

Interview... racist?

I found this amazing pictures from an Interview magazine editorial recently posted. The photoshoot features model Daria Werbowy plus Sedene Blake, Ajak Deng, Salieu Jalloh and Oraine Barrett appearing as background models.

This shoot is gorgeous! The colors, the lightning, the contrast, the clothes... But everyone's talking about it not because of its beauty, but because they're calling it racist! So I'm doing this entry so you can judge and make your own point of view about this. Since ages ago I haven't feel color discrimination in magazines or in fashion, you can see korean, black, japanese, chinese, latinamerican models... Models are from everywhere and they show an idealized image of women.

I really don't think this shoot is racist at all, there's a model more that is on the spotlight and that's Daria, but there's always a principal character in a shoot or movie or whatever, she's the center of attention, but at the same time, all the models collaborating in this shoot have a part in the photograph, they're not being mistreated or looking bad or insulted. But I guess that's always subjective.

I really loved them, that's all I can say...


1 comment:

  1. I think it's stupid! I mean, it´s Daria, she´s OBVIOUSLY gonna be the center of attention! Just because most of the background models are black, it doesn't mean that it's a racist photo shoot. I hate that the media's always looking for an editorial to criticize!

    ReplyDelete