Friday, June 21, 2013

Royal Ascot 2013

I have always have a thing for hats, caps, headpieces or whatever you can put on your head. I remember that when I started studying Fashion Design my goal was to be a Millinery Designer like Philip Treacy or Stephen Jones but at some point reality hit me and I realize that to be a hat maker I will have to live in England and made just a few amazingly absurd hats per year... Not profitable.

But anyways, whener I made a collection or a design or even a sketch there's always a Millinery element in it. And maybe that's my muse and number one love is always and forever Isabella Blow

Royal Ascot is a famous English racecourse related to the British Royal Family, which on Ladies' Day is the perfect excuse to find a good hat and dress up. Here are some photos from the event chosen by me for many reason (fashion, style, awkwardness, etc).

I guess that British do it better!


 Angela Lin - Gucci top and trousers, hat by John Lewis.

Karen Carwin - Hat Locke and Co., Maison Rabih Kayrouz dress, Valentino shoes and Michael Kors clutch.

Larisa Katz - Own design.

Louis Lynn (left) - Martha Lynn hat, Boss dress, Costume National cluth and Stella McCartney shoes.
Martha Lynn (right) - Own design hat, Paula Ka cape, Irish Design Centre dress, H&M clutch and Michael Kors shoes.

 Mimi Theobald - Own design hat, recycled vintage dress, Debenhams clutch and Kurt Geiger shoes.
 
Virginia Bates - Stephen Jones hat, vintage dress, Gucci shoes and Susannah Hunter clutch.

 Florence Calridge.

Mrs. John Quinn.

Random racegoers.

Isabell Kristensen.

Lady Helen - Barbara Casasola outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment